The Box of Impossibility
We have changed gears, made a switch, had a paradigm shift...we are pressing forward, going strong...and the true FIGHT has only begun now.
As I was going home the other day from the hospital the drive was amazing. The sky was blue, the clouds were white and I was driving into and under a gorgeous, fully arced double rainbow heading toward home. Everytime I leave the hospital, it seems like the sky always seems higher than I remember it. I realized that being in the hospital has been so challenging mentally for us. We have been assigned to a "box" with concrete walls, floors and ceilings to stay in all day and night. Then, we have daily visits all day long from people who constantly remind us of the dire circumstances we are facing. When I was driving home back out in reality, outside of the bubble of the hospital world, it was then that I named the hospital "The Box of Impossibility". It is in this box where the impossible is constantly relayed in statistics, formulas and dosages. As I put our kids to bed the evening, I was weeping thinking, "Am I going to be doing this alone for the rest of my life?" But, I just can't see J not whole again. I dialogued with my best friend if that is denial on my part or faith?
When I got back to J that night, I shared with him the realization I had. I told him, "Nobody here knows about our treatments and OUR GOD. We need to believe that you will beat this, and even if everyone in the whole world thinks we are crazy, it doesn't matter...you and I both know you WILL beat this." So, we are now moving forward and focusing on just getting out of the box. J and I went for a walk yesterday, and as we stood on the balcony of the ninth floor, I pointed and showed him, "Look! See the sky? How limitless it is? NOTHING is impossible out there. ALL things are POSSIBLE with GOD."
"But looking at them, Jesus said,'With men it is impossible, but not with GOD; for with GOD all things are possible." Mark 10:27
I was talking yesterday with another girlfriend thanking her for always being so positive each time I call. I told her our plan to consciously surround ourselves only with people who are believing with us and are seeing J strong, healed and whole. She was cracking me up saying, "Yes, I agree. I don't ever say anything sad to you because I know it is sad and you don't need to be reminded of it. So, I think if people can't be positive, then you just need to kick them out and tell them they can stand behind the window and wave!Hah! I mean, this isn't JIM-CRYBABY...it is JIMSTRONG for a reason! Hah!" I was dying laughing and agreeing with her every sentence riding on her enthusiasm and faith for my husband. So, please do not be sad for us...we now need more than ever to be surrounded and supported by the REAL Team JIMSTRONG. Stand with us, believe with us, root for the underdog...bring your game...and come represent...America loves a great comeback story!
Team JIMSTRONG Contributors
Bob & Jarleth Badham
Tony & Karen Lee
Gary & Ann Yim
Fran Hopkins
James Kamo
Brian & Lynn Kinoshita
Julian & Camille Bosgra & Family
George & Ann Chun
As I was going home the other day from the hospital the drive was amazing. The sky was blue, the clouds were white and I was driving into and under a gorgeous, fully arced double rainbow heading toward home. Everytime I leave the hospital, it seems like the sky always seems higher than I remember it. I realized that being in the hospital has been so challenging mentally for us. We have been assigned to a "box" with concrete walls, floors and ceilings to stay in all day and night. Then, we have daily visits all day long from people who constantly remind us of the dire circumstances we are facing. When I was driving home back out in reality, outside of the bubble of the hospital world, it was then that I named the hospital "The Box of Impossibility". It is in this box where the impossible is constantly relayed in statistics, formulas and dosages. As I put our kids to bed the evening, I was weeping thinking, "Am I going to be doing this alone for the rest of my life?" But, I just can't see J not whole again. I dialogued with my best friend if that is denial on my part or faith?
When I got back to J that night, I shared with him the realization I had. I told him, "Nobody here knows about our treatments and OUR GOD. We need to believe that you will beat this, and even if everyone in the whole world thinks we are crazy, it doesn't matter...you and I both know you WILL beat this." So, we are now moving forward and focusing on just getting out of the box. J and I went for a walk yesterday, and as we stood on the balcony of the ninth floor, I pointed and showed him, "Look! See the sky? How limitless it is? NOTHING is impossible out there. ALL things are POSSIBLE with GOD."
"But looking at them, Jesus said,'With men it is impossible, but not with GOD; for with GOD all things are possible." Mark 10:27
I was talking yesterday with another girlfriend thanking her for always being so positive each time I call. I told her our plan to consciously surround ourselves only with people who are believing with us and are seeing J strong, healed and whole. She was cracking me up saying, "Yes, I agree. I don't ever say anything sad to you because I know it is sad and you don't need to be reminded of it. So, I think if people can't be positive, then you just need to kick them out and tell them they can stand behind the window and wave!Hah! I mean, this isn't JIM-CRYBABY...it is JIMSTRONG for a reason! Hah!" I was dying laughing and agreeing with her every sentence riding on her enthusiasm and faith for my husband. So, please do not be sad for us...we now need more than ever to be surrounded and supported by the REAL Team JIMSTRONG. Stand with us, believe with us, root for the underdog...bring your game...and come represent...America loves a great comeback story!
Team JIMSTRONG Contributors
Bob & Jarleth Badham
Tony & Karen Lee
Gary & Ann Yim
Fran Hopkins
James Kamo
Brian & Lynn Kinoshita
Julian & Camille Bosgra & Family
George & Ann Chun

10 Comments:
Jim & Rem,
I pray for your strength because a miracle WILL happen. Speak words of healing...
Death and life are in the power of the tongue,And those who love it will eat its fruit.-Prov. 18:21
Yippee! Go Jimmy Go! We are cheering you guys on from here! We are believe in the Lord's Hand! Praise the Lord for that exuding Joy!
Love,
Mike and Eden
Amen!! Yes, we are standing beside you, believing with you, and praying for nothing short of God's perfect and complete healing.
Winand Strong...For Life!
Praise the LORD!! We are running right besides you on your trek to VICTORY Jimmy!!! The victory is ours as this battle is the LORD'S!!
I agree positive thinking=positive healing! Stay strong and keep pushing...Sending all my love
Janine
YYYYYES AND AMEN! you go winands and we go right beside you! and surrounding you with prayers of faith! you must be so full of gace to encourage all of us and rally the troops!
WINAND STRONG!
Right on!! WinandStrong!!!!
all the best,
Hillary
Jim - It must be great having your parents out with you now. I'm sure that it's helpful to have their support. Bernadette and I talk about you everyday. All the best to you. - Bill
ooooh i like this.... we're with you
love you guys
Amen!,,,,We love it! WE're right there with you guys~ Windandstrong~xoxo
Post a Comment
<< Home