
We have made it back. The flights were brutal, and we were unsure up to the last minute leaving for the airport if J would even be able to fly. Thank goodness my mom stayed back to help us because there was no way I could have done it without her. My mom and I must have looked so ridiculous dragging all the bags down the stairs out of the apartment at 4am! We were stressfully giggling the whole time missing the strength and spacial relations of our husbands while packing up the van. We were able to get wheelchair service the entire way for J, which helped tremendously, and in Denver we were wheeled straight to the special services lounge during our layover. Literally on the plane's touch down in Honolulu, I felt a giant weight lifted off my shoulders...sighing, I knew we were finally home. Walking out of the terminal, breathing the air, seeing the mountains and rain was exactly what we needed. My sister and her husband also styled out our place by cleaning, organizing and making our beds while we were away, so walking into our house felt amazing. J is still recovering from everything, so he has not been feeling well. He is still suffering from stomach cramps, nausea and fatigue. I am struggling again seeing J in so much pain and unable to do anything to bring him relief. We don't really know what it is all from, but have an appointment set for Monday with our oncologist. Hopefully the pain issue will be remedied quickly. But, at least we are home and slowly adjusting back. Thank you to everyone for praying us back.
Team JIMSTRONG Contributors
Barbie Ho & Family
Camille Bosgra & Family
Mike Savastio
Kristin Ing & Brian Aune
Liane Nomura-Siu & Carter Siu
1 Comments:
Welcome home Winands! Glad to have you back!
Post a Comment
<< Home