Home
We are HOME now. The timing could not have been more perfect. I was feeling like everyone was beginning to unravel around the edges. The kids had hit their limit wanting me back at home and Daddy out of the hospital. My family was tired and deserved a break, and I just wanted my beloved husband back home under my care. Don't get me wrong, the nurses taking care of J were incredible, but for an introvert, who is not feeling his best, being in a hospital is just pure torture! When we finally received the approval to get discharged, we had some anxiety about going home because of all the changes we will be going home with. I remember thinking I should stay for his last night, but I had promised Mia I would be home that night, and J ended up having a terrible night of pain. They took away his PCA (push button pain med thing) and went to oral pills for his pain to transition us to going home. There was a new nurse on the night shift, and she never brought the pain meds when J called for them. He ended up just bearing the pain all night. By the time I called him in the morning, his voice was shaking telling me the night he had. I was heartbroken and livid wishing I could have been there to pull a Shirley McClaine in "Terms of Endearment" to demand his meds be given to him. The morning shift nurse saw what happened on his chart, quickly gave him all his pain meds, and did everything to make him comfortable from that point on. When I finally arrived J was good again.
So, we are home...the kids are thrilled, J is resting comfortably, and the tension in my soul has been released. Much to report in these next days as the details ooze out of my exhausted brain...
So, we are home...the kids are thrilled, J is resting comfortably, and the tension in my soul has been released. Much to report in these next days as the details ooze out of my exhausted brain...

4 Comments:
Welcome home. So glad to read your update. We were wondering how you were doing.
Aloha,
Kanani
Oh, good, sooooooo glad you are all home together. Merry Christmas!
Love,
Toni
We are so happy to hear that you're home. You have been through so much. Be strong. Our prayers are with you.
merry christmas to your beautiful family rem and jim! and welcome home jim!
in our prayers,
beth and shane
Post a Comment
<< Home