Tunnels, Lights...and FRIENDS.
With my last posting...I probably came across so down, feeling alone and sitting in the dark just pondering life, purpose and faith. But, the emails I got from two old girlfriends made my heart leap and shout, "Yes!" Both emails shared how they found themselves in their own tunnels in the dark. Different sets of circumstances, but the fears, questions and feelings were the same. So, maybe the purpose of being in the dark is just like the Cherokee rite of passage story...just to know we are not alone in this. I mean, I trust that GOD is with us...but then I realized that there are friends alongside us perservering through their own darkness. And not to disregard everyone who have stated that they are praying, thinking and supporting us. But, it almost seems like, "I know you are here for us, but you can't be INSIDE the tunnel with us, so it is not the same. I can hear your voices shouting from outside the walls, but can't let you in." But, there is a definite comfort in knowing we have friends who are in the midst of their own tunnels, stepping out in faith in their own darkness, doing exactly what we are doing. Day by day...

"If in the dark we lose sight of LOVE,
Hold my hand and have no fear
'cause I will be here."
~song by Steven Curtis Chapman "I WIll Be Here"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home